List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:VR Venugopal Rao Date:April 29 2010 4:17am
Subject: Pivot Query in MySQL
View as plain text
Thanks Jay, I got the solution.
Thanks for all the members responding.

With warm regards,
VR Venugopal Rao

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:jblanchard@stripped]
Sent: 28 April 2010 16:58
To: VR Venugopal Rao; MySQL
Subject: RE: Pivot Query in

Date, ProjectCode Building, Number of Copies

I want to get a Connsolidate Report of

Project Code   R&D   STP

(Group by Project Code)(Sumtotal Building wise).

I have tried to execute the following code :

select pcode, building, sum(ncopies) from request group by

It is giving the following repott

Here there is a repetition of pcode,

How can I avoid this. I want to get the Building Name on top as Column
and bottom I should get the Count.

We would need to see some of the raw data to help you but this older
article may point you in the right direction with crosstab (pivot)

The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying
of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it
are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us by reply e-mail or directly to netsupport@stripped or
telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
attachments. Thank you.

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SecureMX.
For more information visit

Pivot Query in VR Venugopal Rao28 Apr
  • Re: Pivot Query innwood28 Apr
  • RE: Pivot Query in Jay Blanchard28 Apr
    • Re: Pivot Query inPeter Brawley28 Apr
    • Pivot Query in MySQLVR Venugopal Rao29 Apr
    • How to Get Running Totals.Venugopal Rao3 May
      • Re: How to Get Running Totals.Peter Brawley3 May