List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:VR Venugopal Rao Date:April 29 2010 4:17am
Subject: Pivot Query in MySQL
View as plain text
Thanks Jay, I got the solution.
Thanks for all the members responding.

With warm regards,
VR Venugopal Rao

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:jblanchard@stripped]
Sent: 28 April 2010 16:58
To: VR Venugopal Rao; MySQL
Subject: RE: Pivot Query in

[snip]
Date, ProjectCode Building, Number of Copies

I want to get a Connsolidate Report of

Project Code   R&D   STP

1007304----------04-------04

(Group by Project Code)(Sumtotal Building wise).

I have tried to execute the following code :

select pcode, building, sum(ncopies) from request group by
pcode,building

It is giving the following repott

1007304--R&D--04

1007304-STP--05

Here there is a repetition of pcode,

How can I avoid this. I want to get the Building Name on top as Column
Names
and bottom I should get the Count.
[/snip]

We would need to see some of the raw data to help you but this older
article may point you in the right direction with crosstab (pivot)
queries;

http://www.evolt.org/node/26896

DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying
of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it
are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us by reply e-mail or directly to netsupport@stripped or
telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
attachments. Thank you.

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SecureMX.
For more information visit http://securemx.in

Pivot Query in VR Venugopal Rao28 Apr
  • Re: Pivot Query innwood28 Apr
  • RE: Pivot Query in Jay Blanchard28 Apr
    • Re: Pivot Query inPeter Brawley28 Apr
    • Pivot Query in MySQLVR Venugopal Rao29 Apr
    • How to Get Running Totals.Venugopal Rao3 May
      • Re: How to Get Running Totals.Peter Brawley3 May