List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:April 28 2010 2:19pm
Subject:Re: Pivot Query in
View as plain text
>In MS Access I used to generate one pivot query which gets the following
>report from the database which contains the following fields:

See "Pivot tables" at http://www.artfulsoftware.com/queries.php .

PB

-----

Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> Date, ProjectCode Building, Number of Copies
>
> I want to get a Connsolidate Report of
>
> Project Code   R&D   STP
>
> 1007304----------04-------04
>
> (Group by Project Code)(Sumtotal Building wise).
>
> I have tried to execute the following code :
>
> select pcode, building, sum(ncopies) from request group by
> pcode,building
>
> It is giving the following repott
>
> 1007304--R&D--04
>
> 1007304-STP--05
>
> Here there is a repetition of pcode,
>
> How can I avoid this. I want to get the Building Name on top as Column
> Names
> and bottom I should get the Count.
> [/snip]
>
> We would need to see some of the raw data to help you but this older
> article may point you in the right direction with crosstab (pivot)
> queries;
>
> http://www.evolt.org/node/26896

Pivot Query in VR Venugopal Rao28 Apr
  • Re: Pivot Query innwood28 Apr
  • RE: Pivot Query in Jay Blanchard28 Apr
    • Re: Pivot Query inPeter Brawley28 Apr
    • Pivot Query in MySQLVR Venugopal Rao29 Apr
    • How to Get Running Totals.Venugopal Rao3 May
      • Re: How to Get Running Totals.Peter Brawley3 May