List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:April 28 2010 11:27am
Subject:RE: Pivot Query in
View as plain text
[snip]
Date, ProjectCode Building, Number of Copies

I want to get a Connsolidate Report of

Project Code   R&D   STP

1007304----------04-------04

(Group by Project Code)(Sumtotal Building wise).

I have tried to execute the following code :

select pcode, building, sum(ncopies) from request group by
pcode,building

It is giving the following repott

1007304--R&D--04

1007304-STP--05

Here there is a repetition of pcode,

How can I avoid this. I want to get the Building Name on top as Column
Names
and bottom I should get the Count.
[/snip]

We would need to see some of the raw data to help you but this older
article may point you in the right direction with crosstab (pivot)
queries;

http://www.evolt.org/node/26896

Thread
Pivot Query in VR Venugopal Rao28 Apr
  • Re: Pivot Query innwood28 Apr
  • RE: Pivot Query in Jay Blanchard28 Apr
    • Re: Pivot Query inPeter Brawley28 Apr
    • Pivot Query in MySQLVR Venugopal Rao29 Apr
    • How to Get Running Totals.Venugopal Rao3 May
      • Re: How to Get Running Totals.Peter Brawley3 May