List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kandy Wong Date:April 27 2010 10:17pm
Subject:slow query on replication master and slave
View as plain text
Hi,

Is it true that the performance of running a query on a live replication
master and slave has to be much slower than running a query on a static
server?

I've tried to run the following query on a replication master and it
takes 1 min 13.76 sec to finish.
SELECT *, ABS(timeA-1266143632) as distance FROM tableA WHERE timeA -
1266143632 <= 0  ORDER BY distance LIMIT 1;

And if I run it on the replication slave, it takes 24.15 sec.
But if I dump the whole database to another machine as static, it only
takes 3.70 sec or even less to finish.

The table has 386 columns and timeA is an index.

Is there a way to improve the query or any other factors that would
affect the performance?

Thanks.

Kandy

Thread
slow query on replication master and slaveKandy Wong28 Apr
  • Re: slow query on replication master and slaveJohan De Meersman28 Apr