List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Date:April 27 2010 2:29am
Subject:Re: Join syntax problem
View as plain text
Thanks for the replies.  It was my understanding that whitespace is ignored,
and I did not think that not having space, in particular with "." would
result in an error message.

Gary
""Gary"" <gpaul@stripped> wrote in message
news:20100426233621.10789.qmail@ style="color:#666">stripped...
>I cant seem to get this working.
>
> $query="SELECT im.image_id, im.caption, im.where_taken, im.description,
> im.image_file, im.submitted, kw.fox, kw.wolves, kw.wildlife, kw.american,
> kw.scenic, kw.birds, kw.africa, kw.eagles, kw.hunter" .
> "FROM *images AS im"."JOIN keywords AS kw USING (image_id)" .
> "WHERE ky.image_id = im.image_id";
>
> Gets me this error message.
>
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'keywords AS kw
> USING (image_id)WHERE ky.image_id = im.image_id' at line 1
>
> Anyone see where I am going wrong?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Gary

> signature database 5063 (20100426) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5063
(20100426) __________

http://www.eset.com

Thread
Join syntax problemGary27 Apr
  • Re: Join syntax problemTom Worster27 Apr
  • Re: Join syntax problemRob Wultsch27 Apr
  • Re: Join syntax problemGary27 Apr
    • RE: Join syntax problemSteven Staples27 Apr