List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:April 22 2010 7:12am
Subject:Re: More CPU or More RAM?
View as plain text
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:52 PM, shamubro@stripped <shamubro@stripped>wrote:

> replacement etc, but that costs me too much if I can use hardware to solve
> the same problem. and Yes I know I will run to same problem again when the

It may be that you can't actually solve it with more hardware. The version
of drupal we were using (we've built a highly customised one by now) had the
annoying tendency to explicitly lock tables, even when not strictly
necessary. A lock is a lock, regardless of how much hardware you throw
against it.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
More CPU or More RAM?shamubro@gmail.com21 Apr
  • Re: More CPU or More RAM?Johan De Meersman21 Apr
    • Re: More CPU or More RAM?shamubro@gmail.com21 Apr
      • Re: More CPU or More RAM?Johan De Meersman22 Apr
        • Re: More CPU or More RAM?Johan De Meersman22 Apr
    • RE: More CPU or More RAM?Johan Gant21 Apr
      • Re: More CPU or More RAM?shamubro@gmail.com21 Apr
        • Re: More CPU or More RAM?Perrin Harkins21 Apr
          • Re: More CPU or More RAM?shamubro@gmail.com21 Apr
      • Re: More CPU or More RAM?shamubro@gmail.com21 Apr
        • Re: More CPU or More RAM?Tom Worster21 Apr
          • Re: More CPU or More RAM?Rudy Lippan22 Apr