List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Gant Date:April 21 2010 2:47pm
Subject:RE: More CPU or More RAM?
View as plain text
Hi,

Have you looked at tuning Drupal first? What processes are slowing your server down and
are there any other applications sharing the machine that might be contributing to the
problem? Assuming you haven't got any wacky contrib modules have you considered improving
your application caching, or if you have any custom modules - look at whether you can add
an appropriate index to any of the tables. Of course, if you want to throw more hardware
at the problem it might help in the short run but it might be masking the original
problem.

Regards,

Johan