List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:April 20 2010 3:33pm
Subject:Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general log
View as plain text
Carsten Pedersen skrev:
> Jim Lyons skrev:
>> Has anyone tried using the log_output option in mysql 5.1 to have the
>> general log put into a table and not a flat file?  I used it for a while
>> before having to downgrade back to 5.0 but thought it was a great
>> idea.  I'm
>> curious to see if anyone feels it helps analysis.
>
> I tried that once, and ran into some problems. Depending on your exact
> version, you might experience the same.
>
> http://www.bitbybit.dk/carsten/blog/?p=115
>
> (also has a number of good comments on analysis tools)
>
> And yes, having the data available in a table is a Good Thing for analysis.
>
> / Carsten

Minor correction: The post i point to is about the slow log, but I
presume also relevant for the general log. And the good comments I
mentioned come in the followup posting at
http://www.bitbybit.dk/carsten/blog/?p=116

/ Carsten

Thread
Analysis of a weeks worth of general logImran Chaudhry20 Apr
  • Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general logJohan De Meersman20 Apr
  • Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general logJim Lyons20 Apr
    • Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general logAnand Kumar20 Apr
    • Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general logCarsten Pedersen20 Apr
      • Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general logCarsten Pedersen20 Apr
        • Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general logJohan De Meersman20 Apr
        • Re: Analysis of a weeks worth of general logImran Chaudhry20 Apr