List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Wultsch Date:April 19 2010 4:23am
Subject:Re: InnoDB Default Storage Engine
View as plain text
On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Angelina Paul <arshupaul@stripped> wrote:
> I want to change the mysql default storage engine from MyISAM to InnoDB.
> What are the  steps involved .Is it edit my.cnf file and add a line
> default-storage-engine=innodb and restart the mysql server?

If you do not want to change any existing tables all you need to do is
add the line to your cnf.

> How I can bring my databases with mixed storage engine down without any data loss.

mysqladmin shutdown

> What steps I have to take if I encounter a page corruption in innodb tables.

The right answer is restore from backup or failover to a slave. The
answer you probably want is
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-recovery.html

> why I am getting a message "*Error*: *No query specified*"  when I run a show
> engines\g commands -version (5.0.45)

Exactly what are you running?

--
Rob Wultsch