List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Prabhat Kumar Date:April 19 2010 3:27am
Subject:Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!
View as plain text
use can use mysqldump with option *-no-data*
eg.
*mysqldump -u user -ppassword wordpress user --no-data  > Dumpdata.txt *

where wordpress  is my database and user is my table.

Thanks

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Shawn Green <shawn.l.green@stripped>wrote:

> Vikram A wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to export my table structure from MYSQL from a particular db.
>> Is there any tool for doing this?
>>

> There are several ways to get "structure" information from within MySQL:
>
> the SHOW COLUMNS... command
> the SHOW INDEXES... command
> the SHOW CREATE TABLE... command
>
> you can also write queries against the tables in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA
>
> You can also use an external utility such as mysqldump. Use the --no-data
> option to get just a dump of your table definitions. If you also want to see
> triggers and events and stored procedures, you also need to use the
> --triggers, --events, and --procedure options, too.
>
> Details are in the fine manual:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/show.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/information-schema.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html
>
> I guess the final answer depends on which information are you looking for
> and in what format you want to see it. Got any details you want to share?
>
> --
> Shawn Green
> MySQL Principle Technical Support Engineer
> Oracle USA, Inc.
> Office: Blountville, TN

Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar
MySQL DBA
Datavail-India Mumbai
Mobile     : 91-9987681929
www.datavail.com

My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Thread
Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!Vikram A8 Apr
  • Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!Carsten Pedersen8 Apr
    • Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!Claudio Nanni8 Apr
  • Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!Krishna Chandra Prajapati8 Apr
    • RE: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!George Pitcher8 Apr
  • Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!Shawn Green18 Apr
    • Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!Prabhat Kumar19 Apr
      • Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!Prabhat Kumar19 Apr