List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:April 18 2010 9:07pm
Subject:Re: mysqld_safe
View as plain text
It's distributed as part of mysql. The script is responsible for
restarting mysqld if it exits with a non zero return code such as when
it crashes.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Colin Streicher
<colin@stripped> wrote:
> Yeah, its just a shell script that acts as a wrapper around the mysql processes on
> debian systems(
> maybe others, I'm not sure)
> You can read it at 'less /usr/bin/mysqld_safe'
>
> Colin
>
> On March 29, 2010 11:51:36 am Glyn Astill wrote:
>> --- On Mon, 29/3/10, Brown, Charles <CBrown@stripped> wrote:
>> > Hello All.  when I issued this
>> > command: ps -e | grep,  I noticed that mysqld_safe was
>> > up running in my system.
>> > My question is:  what is mysqld_safe and why was it
>> > running. Please help.
>> >

>> > [spbcb@naxbmisq03 ~]$ ps -e | grep -i mysql
>> > 11989 ?        00:00:00 mysqld_safe
>> > 12025 ?        13:28:39 mysqld
>>
>> My understanding is that mysqld_safe is the process used to start mysqld
>>  and handle any runtime errors, crashes etc.
>>

> --
> Anyone who has had a bull by the tail knows five or six more things
> than someone who hasn't.
>                -- Mark Twain

Eric Bergen
eric.bergen@stripped
http://www.ebergen.net
Thread
Importing files as elementsDemetris27 Mar
  • mysqld_safeCharles Brown29 Mar
    • Re: mysqld_safeGlyn Astill29 Mar
      • Re: mysqld_safeColin Streicher29 Mar
        • Re: mysqld_safeEric Bergen18 Apr
      • timezone questionsElim PDT30 Mar
        • RE: timezone questionsDaevid Vincent30 Mar