List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Lyons Date:April 18 2010 6:07pm
Subject:Re: How to corrupt a database please???
View as plain text
You can remove the innodb logs and/or the innodb data file.  You can also
remove some of the individual .idb files (if you're using file-per-table
option).

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Nurudin Javeri <nsjaveri@stripped> wrote:

> Hi all, I am hiring a few new junior DBA's and I want to put them thru a
> simple db repair training.  Does anyone know how I can deliberately corrupt
> a MyISAM and InnoDB database in different ways please?  So what I want to do
> is corrupt 3 MyISAM 100gb databases, 3 InnoDB 100gb databases - ALL WITH
> DIFFERENT ERROR MESSAGES and have these newbies fix them in a 2 hour period
> :-)  I have fixed oodles of db's but NEVER thought I would see the say where
> I would WANT to corrupt a db on purpose, but that day is here and am looking
> for advise please.
>
> Thanks...
>
> Nunu

Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator
http://www.weblyons.com

Thread
How to corrupt a database please???Nurudin Javeri18 Apr
  • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Suresh Kuna18 Apr
    • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
      • Re: How to corrupt a database please???AndrĂ©s Tello18 Apr
        • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
          • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Shawn Green18 Apr
  • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Jim Lyons18 Apr
    • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
      • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Eric Bergen18 Apr
  • RE: DBA questions to ask WAS: How to corrupt a database please???Daevid Vincent22 Apr