List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Suresh Kuna Date:April 18 2010 5:39pm
Subject:Re: How to corrupt a database please???
View as plain text
open the file and remove some data and close it for both data file and index
files, So the tables will be corrupted when access.

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Nurudin Javeri <nsjaveri@stripped> wrote:

> Hi all, I am hiring a few new junior DBA's and I want to put them thru a
> simple db repair training.  Does anyone know how I can deliberately corrupt
> a MyISAM and InnoDB database in different ways please?  So what I want to do
> is corrupt 3 MyISAM 100gb databases, 3 InnoDB 100gb databases - ALL WITH
> DIFFERENT ERROR MESSAGES and have these newbies fix them in a 2 hour period
> :-)  I have fixed oodles of db's but NEVER thought I would see the say where
> I would WANT to corrupt a db on purpose, but that day is here and am looking
> for advise please.
>
> Thanks...
>
> Nunu

Thanks
Suresh Kuna
MySQL DBA

Thread
How to corrupt a database please???Nurudin Javeri18 Apr
  • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Suresh Kuna18 Apr
    • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
      • Re: How to corrupt a database please???AndrĂ©s Tello18 Apr
        • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
          • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Shawn Green18 Apr
  • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Jim Lyons18 Apr
    • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
      • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Eric Bergen18 Apr
  • RE: DBA questions to ask WAS: How to corrupt a database please???Daevid Vincent22 Apr