List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nurudin Javeri Date:April 18 2010 4:25pm
Subject:How to corrupt a database please???
View as plain text
Hi all, I am hiring a few new junior DBA's and I want to put them thru a
simple db repair training.  Does anyone know how I can deliberately
corrupt a MyISAM and InnoDB database in different ways please?  So what
I want to do is corrupt 3 MyISAM 100gb databases, 3 InnoDB 100gb
databases - ALL WITH DIFFERENT ERROR MESSAGES and have these newbies fix
them in a 2 hour period :-)  I have fixed oodles of db's but NEVER
thought I would see the say where I would WANT to corrupt a db on
purpose, but that day is here and am looking for advise please.

Thanks...

Nunu
Thread
How to corrupt a database please???Nurudin Javeri18 Apr
  • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Suresh Kuna18 Apr
    • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
      • Re: How to corrupt a database please???AndrĂ©s Tello18 Apr
        • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
          • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Shawn Green18 Apr
  • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Jim Lyons18 Apr
    • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Rob Wultsch18 Apr
      • Re: How to corrupt a database please???Eric Bergen18 Apr
  • RE: DBA questions to ask WAS: How to corrupt a database please???Daevid Vincent22 Apr