List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:April 18 2010 4:18pm
Subject:Re: Mysql - Tables Export to Excel!
View as plain text
Vikram A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to export my table structure from MYSQL from a particular db. Is there
> any tool for doing this?

There are several ways to get "structure" information from within MySQL:

the SHOW COLUMNS... command
the SHOW INDEXES... command
the SHOW CREATE TABLE... command

you can also write queries against the tables in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA

You can also use an external utility such as mysqldump. Use the
--no-data option to get just a dump of your table definitions. If you
also want to see triggers and events and stored procedures, you also
need to use the --triggers, --events, and --procedure options, too.

Details are in the fine manual:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/show.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/information-schema.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html

I guess the final answer depends on which information are you looking
for and in what format you want to see it. Got any details you want to
share?

--
Shawn Green
MySQL Principle Technical Support Engineer