List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antonio PHP Date:April 17 2010 3:40pm
Subject:Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL?
(PHP/MySQL)
View as plain text
Well... just summarizing my thread here.

I tested this today.

As Carsten mentioned...

Without the function 'ignore_user_abort(true);', when the browser is
closed the script will stop at some point (if there's output ('echo etc') of
certain number (1,000s) of characters remaining.).

Many Thanks to Carsten!!

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Carsten Pedersen <carsten@stripped>wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:44:42 +0200, Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
> <sql06@stripped> wrote:
>
> > The server does not know if the browser is closed or not (or if the
> > network
> > connection is losted). It will continue to execute the code until
> > finnished.
>
> Not quite true. If it decides to flush its output buffer and notices that
> there's no-one around to receive the output, the process may well be
> terminated.
>
> As long as you do not echo(), print() or flush() to a closed connection,
> you're probably going to be fine.
>
> / Carsten

What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Antonio PHP16 Apr
  • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Jørn Dahl-Stamnes16 Apr
    • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Geert-Jan Brits16 Apr
    • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTOMySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Carsten Pedersen16 Apr
      • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Antonio PHP17 Apr
    • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL?(PHP/MySQL)Nigel Wood19 Apr
      • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Johan De Meersman19 Apr
        • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTO MySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Michael Dykman19 Apr
  • Re: What if the user closes the browser while INSERT INTOMySQL? (PHP/MySQL)Carsten Pedersen16 Apr