List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Diehl Date:April 14 2010 11:31pm
Subject:CLI can't read data from table
View as plain text
Hi all.

Now this one is strange.

I just created a new table called "lines."  I can use Open Office to read the
records in it just fine.

However, when I type this command at the cli, I get an error:

select * from lines;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'lines' at line 1

I can't use the describe command, either.

However, show tables lists the table.

This is a replicated database, so whatever I need to do to repair this, needs
to work across replication.

Any ideas?

--

Take care and have fun,