List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Florella Date:April 14 2010 1:08pm
Subject:Make delete requests without impact on a database
View as plain text
Hi,

I am using MySQL  version 4.1.12-log. All the databases on it are using
MyISAM database engine.

Every day, I delete almost 90000 rows on a table of 3 153 916 rows.

To delete the rows, I use a request like this : "DELETE QUICK FROM [table]
WHERE [column] < '2010-04-13 00:00:00' LIMIT 7500". I execute this request
until all the rows are delete.

This works but when I run the request, I can't access to the database (make
INSERT and SELECT requests) during I do the DELETE.

How can I do a "DELETE" without impact on INSERT and SELECT requests done on
the same time?

Regards,

David.

Thread
Make delete requests without impact on a databaseDavid Florella14 Apr
  • Re: Make delete requests without impact on a databaseDan Nelson14 Apr
    • RE: Make delete requests without impact on a databaseDaevid Vincent15 Apr
    • Re: Make delete requests without impact on a databasePerrin Harkins15 Apr
      • RE: Make delete requests without impact on a databaseDavid Florella15 Apr
  • Re: Make delete requests without impact on a databasemos14 Apr
    • Re: Make delete requests without impact on a databaseCarsten Pedersen14 Apr