List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Suresh Kuna Date:April 13 2010 6:05pm
Subject:Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..
View as plain text
Analyze table :

Analyze table analyzes and stores the key distribution for a table.

For more details check the below URL
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/analyze-table.html

Optimize table :

OPTIMIZE TABLE is useful when we do more deleted operations on a table with
variable columns. It will do the defragmentation of the data file and
recliam the space. It sorts the indexes and updates the table statistics if
it is not. However, the new inserts will reuse the deleted row space.

For more details check the below URL
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/optimize-table.html

--
Thanks
Suresh Kuna

Thread
difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..F.A.I.Z.A.L13 Apr
  • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..River wubx13 Apr
    • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..F.A.I.Z.A.L13 Apr
      • RE: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..misiaQ13 Apr
  • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..Suresh Kuna13 Apr
    • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..F.A.I.Z.A.L15 Apr