List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:F.A.I.Z.A.L Date:April 13 2010 9:56am
Subject:Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..
View as plain text
hi River

thanks for your mail.

could you please tel me the correct syntax for optimize table command. i
plan to put this in cronjob and execute every 8 hours in a day.

optimize table tab1; is that correct or anything need to add with his
statement.

my environment is solaria

Cheers
Faizal S
GSM : 9840118673
Blog: http://oradbapro.blogspot.com

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM, River wubx <cnwubx@stripped> wrote:

>  OPTIMIZE TABLE tablename;
> analyze table  ,stores the key distribution for a table ,reclaim the unused
> space and to defragment the data file.
>
> ANALYZE TABLE tablename;
> This action only analyze table and stores the key distribution for a table.
>
> 2010-04-13
> ------------------------------
>  River wubx
> Gtalk: wubingxi@stripped
> http://www.mysqlsupport.cn
> China

Thread
difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..F.A.I.Z.A.L13 Apr
  • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..River wubx13 Apr
    • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..F.A.I.Z.A.L13 Apr
      • RE: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..misiaQ13 Apr
  • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..Suresh Kuna13 Apr
    • Re: difference btw Analyze and Optimize table..F.A.I.Z.A.L15 Apr