List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:April 8 2010 8:36pm
Subject:Re: Problem with installing MySQL
View as plain text
If you want to specify the password itself on the command line use
'--password' (double hyphen).  '-p' requests interactive password
prompt.

 - michael

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Carsten Pedersen <carsten@stripped> wrote:
> don't have a space between '-p' and 'password', i.e. -ppassword
>
> / Carsten
>
> alba.albetti skrev:
>>
>> I've just installed MySQL on Windows 2000.
>> I've opened the MS-DOS windows and I've written
>> >C:\Programs\MySQL\...\bin\mysqladmin -u root -p password mysql2010
>> After the enter the prompt says >Enter password:  and I've given
> <enter>
>> and I get
>>
>> mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
>> error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
>>
>> After installing MySQL what do I have to do left?
>> Sorry my this is my firt time with MySQL
>>
>> Thanks!

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
Problem with installing MySQLalba\.albetti8 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLmos8 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLCarsten Pedersen8 Apr
    • Re: Problem with installing MySQLMichael Dykman8 Apr
      • Re: Problem with installing MySQLAnanda Kumar9 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLShawn Green18 Apr