List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten Pedersen Date:April 8 2010 8:31pm
Subject:Re: Problem with installing MySQL
View as plain text
don't have a space between '-p' and 'password', i.e. -ppassword

/ Carsten

alba.albetti skrev:
> I've just installed MySQL on Windows 2000.
> I've opened the MS-DOS windows and I've written
> >C:\Programs\MySQL\...\bin\mysqladmin -u root -p password mysql2010
> After the enter the prompt says >Enter password:  and I've given <enter> and
> I get
>
> mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
>
> After installing MySQL what do I have to do left?
> Sorry my this is my firt time with MySQL
>
> Thanks!

Thread
Problem with installing MySQLalba\.albetti8 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLmos8 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLCarsten Pedersen8 Apr
    • Re: Problem with installing MySQLMichael Dykman8 Apr
      • Re: Problem with installing MySQLAnanda Kumar9 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLShawn Green18 Apr