List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:alba\.albetti Date:April 8 2010 2:02pm
Subject:Problem with installing MySQL
View as plain text
I've just installed MySQL on Windows 2000.
I've opened the MS-DOS windows and I've written >C:\Programs\MySQL\...\bin\mysqladmin
-u root -p password mysql2010
After the enter the prompt says >Enter password:  and I've given <enter> and I
get

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

After installing MySQL what do I have to do left?
Sorry my this is my firt time with MySQL

Thanks!

Thread
Problem with installing MySQLalba\.albetti8 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLmos8 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLCarsten Pedersen8 Apr
    • Re: Problem with installing MySQLMichael Dykman8 Apr
      • Re: Problem with installing MySQLAnanda Kumar9 Apr
  • Re: Problem with installing MySQLShawn Green18 Apr