List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jigal van Hemert Date:April 8 2010 11:02am
Subject:Re: Multiple table engine
View as plain text
Tompkins Neil wrote:
> Just looking for some confirmation that under a single database - I assume
> it is perfectly normal to have both MyISAM and InnoDB engines for different
> tables ?  Is there anything I need to be aware of ?

In most case no problems. MySQL can mix engines without problems.
Every engine uses it's own specific buffers, so if your database becomes
big and memory becomes an issue (large buffers needed) it might be handy
to use only one engine (so you can set the buffers for the other
engine(s) to a very low number).
On a daily basis I use databases with mixed MyISAM and InnoDB tables.

--
Jigal van Hemert.
Thread