List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:April 8 2010 9:00am
Subject:Re: How to View MySQL Temp Files and Temp Tables in Linux
View as plain text
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM, shamubro@stripped <shamubro@stripped>wrote:

> Below is my MySQL Server's status and configuration. But I can not see
> anything under /tmpfs/, it is showing empty to me.
>
> here is the result of "ls -al"
>
> drwxrwxrwx   2 mysql mysql    60 Apr  7 17:43 tmpfs
> Could anyone tell me how to check the status of temp files and temp tables
> on disk?

Tmp files get deleted as soon as MySQL is done with them. Some applications
will even delete them while they still have them open as a safety measure.

Install the "lsof" utility, and execute "lsof | grep DEL" to see
delete-but-still-open files.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
How to View MySQL Temp Files and Temp Tables in Linuxshamubro@gmail.com7 Apr
  • Re: How to View MySQL Temp Files and Temp Tables in LinuxJohan De Meersman8 Apr