List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kyong Kim Date:April 8 2010 2:10am
Subject:Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?
View as plain text
Also depends on your data access pattern as well.
If you can take advantage of clustering my primary key for your
selects, then InnoDB could do it for you.
My suggestion would be to write some queries based on projected
workload, build 2 tables with lots and lots of data, and do some
isolated testing. For work, I do a lot of query profiling using
maatkit. Be sure to clear out as much of the caching as possible
including the OS cache.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Jan Steinman <Jan@stripped> wrote:
>> From: Gavin Towey <gtowey@stripped>
>>
>> InnoDB should be your default for all tables, unless you have specific
>> requirements that need myisam.  One specific example of an appropriate task
>> for myisam is where you need very high insert throughput, and you're not
>> doing any updates/deletes concurrently.
>
> A couple other things: InnoDB does relations better, MyISAM does search of
> text fields.

MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Mitchell Maltenfort2 Apr
  • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Carsten Pedersen2 Apr
    • RE: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Gavin Towey2 Apr
      • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Dan Nelson2 Apr
        • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Mitchell Maltenfort3 Apr
          • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Walter Heck - OlinData.com3 Apr
            • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Mitchell Maltenfort3 Apr
          • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Kyong Kim6 Apr
RE: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Jan Steinman5 Apr
  • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Kyong Kim8 Apr
    • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?mos8 Apr
      • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Kyong Kim9 Apr
        • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?mos9 Apr
          • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Lucky Wijaya10 Apr