List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:April 5 2010 2:25pm
Subject:RE: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?
View as plain text
> From: Gavin Towey <gtowey@stripped>
>
> InnoDB should be your default for all tables, unless you have
> specific requirements that need myisam.  One specific example of an
> appropriate task for myisam is where you need very high insert
> throughput, and you're not doing any updates/deletes concurrently.

A couple other things: InnoDB does relations better, MyISAM does
search of text fields.

----------------
If we can control fuel we can control the masses; if we can control
food we can control individuals. -- Henry Kissinger

MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Mitchell Maltenfort2 Apr
  • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Carsten Pedersen2 Apr
    • RE: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Gavin Towey2 Apr
      • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Dan Nelson2 Apr
        • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Mitchell Maltenfort3 Apr
          • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Walter Heck - OlinData.com3 Apr
            • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Mitchell Maltenfort3 Apr
          • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Kyong Kim6 Apr
RE: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Jan Steinman5 Apr
  • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Kyong Kim8 Apr
    • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?mos8 Apr
      • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Kyong Kim9 Apr
        • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?mos9 Apr
          • Re: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?Lucky Wijaya10 Apr