List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:April 2 2010 8:04pm
Subject:RE: MyISAM better than innodb for large files?
View as plain text
I disagree.  There's nothing about his requirements that sounds like MyIsam is a better
solution.  InnoDB should be your default for all tables, unless you have specific
requirements that need myisam.  One specific example of an appropriate task for myisam is
where you need very high insert throughput, and you're not doing any updates/deletes
concurrently.

You want the crash safety and data integrity that comes with InnoDB.  Even more so as your
dataset grows.  It's performance is far better than myisam tables for most OLTP users, and
as your number of concurrent readers and writers grows, the improvement in performance
from using innodb over myisam becomes more pronounced.

Regards,
Gavin Towey