List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:March 31 2010 3:52pm
Subject:Fulltext Match BOOLEAN MODE not searching integers
View as plain text
Hi

I have the following fulltext search which appears to work fine for string
phrases.  However if I search like just "51" which is part of the string
name like 51 Blue Widget in the table it doesn't return any results.
However if I search like "bl" it returns the 51 Blue Widget result.  My
query is as follows :

SELECT  Name MATCH (Name) AGAINST ('51*') as Relevance
FROM Products
WHERE MATCH (Name) AGAINST ('51*' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
ORDER BY Relevance DESC

Any ideas what the problem might be ?

Thanks,
Neil

Thread
Fulltext Match BOOLEAN MODE not searching integersTompkins Neil31 Mar
  • Re: Fulltext Match BOOLEAN MODE not searching integersMark Goodge31 Mar
    • Re: Fulltext Match BOOLEAN MODE not searching integersTompkins Neil31 Mar
      • Re: Fulltext Match BOOLEAN MODE not searching integersTompkins Neil31 Mar