List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Mennens Date:March 31 2010 1:52pm
Subject:Re: Secure Install Removed Root Accounts
View as plain text
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Carlos Mennens <carloswill@stripped>
> wrote:
>>
>> hearing from many admins that MySQL expects and needs there to be
>> three accounts for root. Them being 'localhost', 127.0.0.1, and
>> hostname. Is this false information?
>
> Totally false. It's convenient, and probably all of their scripts depend on
> it, but it's in no way necessary, and most certainly not without password.
>
> Just make sure you have another admin account :-)

By 'another admin account' I assume you mean:

mysql> CREATE USER 'carlos'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'holla';
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'carlos'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Is the above syntax correct for creating a user / admin account to use
rather than 'root'?
Thread
Secure Install Removed Root AccountsCarlos Mennens31 Mar
  • Re: Secure Install Removed Root AccountsJohan De Meersman31 Mar
    • Re: Secure Install Removed Root AccountsCarlos Mennens31 Mar
      • Re: Secure Install Removed Root AccountsJohan De Meersman31 Mar
  • Re: Secure Install Removed Root AccountsJohn Daisley31 Mar