List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:December 24 1999 4:57pm
Subject:Re: 3.23.7 Options description
View as plain text
At 10:28 PM -0700 1999-12-23, Sasha Pachev wrote:
>Peter Zaitsev wrote:
>>
>>  Is there any place there I can find complete documentation about parameters
>>  added in 3.23. ?  Some of them are undescribed. Most interesting are:
>>

>  > thread_concurrency
>>  skip_show_database
>>  net_retry_count
>>  init_file
>>  delayed_key_write
>>  concurrent_insert
>>  ansi_mode
>  >
>>  If someone can provide me with information about these options ?
>>
>>  Best Regards
>>                         Peter Zaitsev
>>

>I can tell you a bit about delayed_key_write -- if enabled, the key
>buffer does not get flushed on every index update, but only every so
>often.
>
>Have not looked at the others yet, but don't worry, the docs are coming
>soon. Monty writes code faster than he documents it -- typical for a
>genius programmer -- can't afford to lose the precious inspiration while
>documenting what the new feature does :-)

thread_concurrency is, I believe Solaris-specific, but I don't know what
it does.

skip_show_database is probably ON if you specify the --skip-show-database
option when you start the server.  This prevents people from seeing databases
and tables for which they have no access privileges.  It can improve
security if you're concerned about people being able to see what databases
and tables other users have.

net_retry_count - don't know.

init_file is probably the name of the file specified with the --init-file
option when you start the server - a file of SQL statements you want the
server to execute when it starts.

delayed_key_write - Sasha explained it above

concurrent_insert - don't know.  I would think it's related to allowing
INSERT during SELECT, but it seems to be always turned off in my copy of
the source, so perhaps not.

ansi_mode - don't know.  I think it has something to do with whether or
not the parser ignores spaces after function names and before '('.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread