List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kyong Kim Date:March 23 2010 11:48pm
Subject:SELECT and INSERT if no row is returned
View as plain text
I need to INSERT a row into a table only if it does not exist to
insure that there won't be duplicate rows.
Due to the the usage case and the design of the primary key,
non-unique id + auto increment, I don't think insert ignore is an
option.

What would be simplest and cheapest way to make sure that given the
following schema

create table some_table
( parent_id int //non-unique
  seq_id int auto_increment ) ENGINE=INNODB

that no row with the same parent_id can be inserted?

Kyong
Thread
SELECT and INSERT if no row is returnedKyong Kim24 Mar
  • Re: SELECT and INSERT if no row is returnedJohnny Withers24 Mar
Re: SELECT and INSERT if no row is returnedRodrigo Ferreira24 Mar
  • Re: SELECT and INSERT if no row is returnedKyong Kim24 Mar
    • Re: SELECT and INSERT if no row is returnedShawn Green24 Mar