List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:March 22 2010 6:55pm
Subject:Re: a mysqldump causes all other queries to be queued super slow.
Any clue what is going on?
View as plain text
On Mon, March 22, 2010 11:08, Andres Salazar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Everytime i run a mysqldump (mysql-server-5.0.77) all the other
> legitimate queries that are ocurring at that time pretty much sleep
> and build up in the processlist untill I either stop the dump or wait
> for it finish. The moment i do either one i can have about 8-15
> queries waiting they all free up immediately.
>
> What could be causing this? I know there might be many factors
> involved but Id like to get some clues as to where to look.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andres

First, what are the table types?
Did you set --lock-tables?  This will lock the tables within a database
That could cause the behavior you are seeing.  I get a similar result when
I do a repair table   For transaction enabled table types try
--single-transaction since it avoids read locks (according to the man
pages.

------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
909-920-9154

Thread
a mysqldump causes all other queries to be queued super slow. Any clue what is going on?Andres Salazar22 Mar
  • Re: a mysqldump causes all other queries to be queued super slow. Any clue what is going on?Wm Mussatto22 Mar
    • Re: a mysqldump causes all other queries to be queued super slow. Any clue what is going on?Andres Salazar22 Mar