List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:tcobb Date:April 21 1999 11:24pm
Subject:RE: Ballpark performance.
View as plain text
On a PII 350 running FreeBSD with 384MB of RAM, we run
two separate MySQL processes which each process more than
30 queries per second all day every day.  The load on the
machine never goes over .2 -- it doesn't sweat and it
never swaps to disk.  Typically, one of the MySQL processes
has 300+ simultaneous threads, the other about 10-20.

Now, this machine has been tuned specifically for this purpose,
including recompiling libc_r to increase the FD_SETSIZE
and many many many more tweaks.  It does nothing else but
run MySQL.

We've done some load tests and I expect that we can
increase the # of queries per second on this machine
by a factor of 5 or more before we notice a slowdown.

-Troy Cobb
 Circle Net, Inc.
 http://www.circle.net