List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:March 18 2010 5:05am
Subject:Re: Question about DELETE
View as plain text
Hi,
It depends how frequently ur doing a commit.
If you have written a plsql, with loop and if you commit after each row is
deleted, then it get update for each row. Else if you commit at the end the
loop, it commits only once for all the rows deleted.

regards
anandkl
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Price, Randall <Randall.Price@stripped>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a simple question about deleting records from INNODB tables.  I have
> a master table with a few child tables linked via Foreign Key constraints.
>  Each table has several indexes as well.
>
> My question is:  if I delete many records in a single delete statement
> (i.e., DELETE FROM table WHERE id = 1 AND id = 5 ... AND ID = 100) how many
> times are the foreign keys/indexes updated?
>
> Once for the entire DELETE operation or one time for each record that is
> deleted?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randall Price

Thread
Question about DELETERandall Price17 Mar
  • Re: Question about DELETEAnanda Kumar18 Mar
    • Re: Question about DELETEJohan De Meersman18 Mar
      • RE: Question about DELETERandall Price18 Mar
        • RE: Question about DELETEIan Simpson18 Mar