List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Randall Price Date:March 17 2010 7:51pm
Subject:Question about DELETE
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a simple question about deleting records from INNODB tables.  I have a master table
with a few child tables linked via Foreign Key constraints.  Each table has several
indexes as well.

My question is:  if I delete many records in a single delete statement (i.e., DELETE FROM
table WHERE id = 1 AND id = 5 ... AND ID = 100) how many times are the foreign
keys/indexes updated?

Once for the entire DELETE operation or one time for each record that is deleted?

Thanks,

Randall Price

Thread
Question about DELETERandall Price17 Mar
  • Re: Question about DELETEAnanda Kumar18 Mar
    • Re: Question about DELETEJohan De Meersman18 Mar
      • RE: Question about DELETERandall Price18 Mar
        • RE: Question about DELETEIan Simpson18 Mar