List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Евгений Килимчук Date:March 17 2010 5:56am
Subject:Re: Trancate table from command line?
View as plain text
If you use *nix, you can use this form:

*echo* "TRUNCATE TABLE you_table_name;" | *mysql* -A your_db_name -ulogin
-ppassword

And:

*cat* your_file.sql | *mysql* -A your_db_name -ulogin -ppassword

2010/3/17 John Oliver <joliver@stripped>

> Is there a way to use mysqladmin (or mysql) to truncate a table as a
> one-off command from the command line?
>
> I have an issue with importing data from one database into another, but
> the second database might have columns that the first did not.
>
> On database 1, I use mysqldump to grab certain tables, and when I try to
> simply "overlay" those tables onto the new database, I get an error
>
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 24: Duplicate entry '378-4' for key 1
>
> So we're thinking we should truncate the table first, but it appears
> this must be done manually in the mysql> shell, which won't work... this
> operation needs to be scripted, or to be presented as one command line
> that can be copy-and-pasted.
>
> How can I do something like :
>
> mysqladmin -h db_server -u user -pPASSWORD <DATABASE> truncate table
> table1 ?

Best regards,

Eugene Kilimchuk <ekilimchuk@stripped>

Thread
Trancate table from command line?John Oliver16 Mar
  • Re: Trancate table from command line?John Oliver17 Mar
  • Re: Trancate table from command line?Евгений Килимчук17 Mar
    • RE: Trancate table from command line?Jerry Schwartz17 Mar
      • RE: Trancate table from command line?Jerry Schwartz17 Mar
  • RE: Trancate table from command line?Carlos Eduardo Caldi17 Mar