List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Oliver Date:March 16 2010 9:12pm
Subject:Trancate table from command line?
View as plain text
Is there a way to use mysqladmin (or mysql) to truncate a table as a
one-off command from the command line?

I have an issue with importing data from one database into another, but
the second database might have columns that the first did not.

On database 1, I use mysqldump to grab certain tables, and when I try to
simply "overlay" those tables onto the new database, I get an error

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 24: Duplicate entry '378-4' for key 1

So we're thinking we should truncate the table first, but it appears
this must be done manually in the mysql> shell, which won't work... this
operation needs to be scripted, or to be presented as one command line
that can be copy-and-pasted.

How can I do something like :

mysqladmin -h db_server -u user -pPASSWORD <DATABASE> truncate table
table1 ?

Trancate table from command line?John Oliver16 Mar
  • Re: Trancate table from command line?John Oliver17 Mar
  • Re: Trancate table from command line?Евгений Килимчук17 Mar
    • RE: Trancate table from command line?Jerry Schwartz17 Mar
      • RE: Trancate table from command line?Jerry Schwartz17 Mar
  • RE: Trancate table from command line?Carlos Eduardo Caldi17 Mar