List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Néstor Date:March 15 2010 10:08pm
Subject:dash was converted o a wierd character
View as plain text
I have an sql file that I dump(mysqldump) and then I installed on a new
system and some how
the dashes on the file were changed to some wierd character.

When I look at the sql file in my windows machine using PUTTY
I get stuff like "1.01.A â the second"

When I look at the same file from my linux machine via "ssh -y" the I get
stuff like  "1.01.A – the second "

All I know is that this wierd character original was a dash (-)

How can I search for this character and convert it to a dash?

Thanks,

Nestor :-)

Thread
dash was converted o a wierd characterNéstor15 Mar
  • Re: dash was converted o a wierd characterJohan De Meersman16 Mar
    • Re: dash was converted o a wierd characterMichael Dykman16 Mar
      • Re: dash was converted o a wierd characterJohan De Meersman17 Mar
        • Identifiers (was: Re: dash was converted o a wierd character)Joerg Bruehe17 Mar
        • RE: dash was converted o a wierd characterJerry Schwartz17 Mar