List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:March 12 2010 5:43pm
Subject:RE: Nested inserts possible?
View as plain text
If you're inserting multiple rows in the dependent table for the same id in the parent table, you'll need to save the value of LAST_INSERT_ID(), otherwise subsequent inserts will change it!

INSERT INTO parent VALUES (...);
SET @id:=LAST_INSERT_ID();
INSERT INTO child1 VALUES (@id, ... );
INSERT INTO child2 VALUES (@id, ... );