List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:March 12 2010 3:36pm
Subject:Re: Nested inserts possible?
View as plain text
      You will need to reference the mysql_insert_id() function after
adding the row to Table_One. Then use the value returned for the rest of
the tables.

At 08:48 AM 3/12/2010, you wrote:
>I have two tables and I have data to insert into both at the same time,
>but the second table depends on an ID that is auto created in the first
>table.  I'm not sure exactly how to accomplish this.
>MySQL General Mailing List
>For list archives:
>To unsubscribe:

Nested inserts possible?Keith Clark12 Mar
  • Re: Nested inserts possible?mos12 Mar
  • Re: Nested inserts possible?Johan De Meersman12 Mar
Re: Nested inserts possible?Keith Clark12 Mar
  • RE: Nested inserts possible?Gavin Towey12 Mar