List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck - OlinData.com Date:March 12 2010 5:02am
Subject:Re: mysql proxy in production?
View as plain text
Take a look at haProxy. It can be combined with some scripts to
loadbalance mysql.
http://www.alexwilliams.ca/blog/2009/08/10/using-haproxy-for-mysql-failover-and-redundancy/
We use it at Open Query for a similar case.

Cheers,

Walter Heck

Engineer @ Open Query
http://openquery.com | http://openquery.com/blog |

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 02:09, John Daisley <daisleyjohn@stripped> wrote:
> Has MySQL Proxy been improved since that article was released?
>
> I ask because although I have no personal experience with it I do know of a
> big UK based online payment processing company who use MySQL Proxy with
> MySQL 5.1 in production very successfully.
>

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Bah, just spilled coffee on my keyboard.
>>
>> I never was a big fan of mysqlproxy, but this is almost inconceivable. The
>> next genius to suggest it for our environment had better have asbestos
>> underwear.
>>
>> Thanks for the link, Krishna.

Thread
mysql proxy in production?Brent Clark11 Mar
  • Re: mysql proxy in production?Krishna Chandra Prajapati11 Mar
    • Re: mysql proxy in production?Johan De Meersman11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?John Daisley11 Mar
        • Re: mysql proxy in production?Walter Heck - OlinData.com12 Mar
          • Re: mysql proxy in production?Krishna Chandra Prajapati12 Mar
    • Re: mysql proxy in production?Brent Clark11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?Mark Matthews11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?Johan De Meersman12 Mar