List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 11 2010 3:34pm
Subject:Re: mysql proxy in production?
View as plain text
Bah, just spilled coffee on my keyboard.

I never was a big fan of mysqlproxy, but this is almost inconceivable. The
next genius to suggest it for our environment had better have asbestos
underwear.

Thanks for the link, Krishna.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Krishna Chandra Prajapati <
prajapatikc@stripped> wrote:

> Hi Brent
>
> You can visit the below link.
>

> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/06/09/mysql-proxy-urgh-performance-and-scalability/
>
> <
>
> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/06/09/mysql-proxy-urgh-performance-and-scalability/
> >
> Thanks,
> Krishna
>
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@stripped
> >wrote:
>
> > Hiya
> >
> > I work for a pretty large hosting company, and we have some clients that
> > you could call "in demand clients" (Well .... here where I live anyway :)
> ).
> >
> > We already making use of heartbeat for high availability etc. But the one
> > area that we have not tackled is load balancing.
> >
> > I just read the following, which makes use of mysql proxy.
> >

> http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2009/04/mysql-load-balancing-and-read-write.html
> >
> > I would like to ask, does anyone make use of mysqlproxy in production,
> and
> > if so, are you using it under "heavy load".
> > How do you find how it performance under load.
> >
> > If anyone can share their failures, successors or even just thoughts and
> > opinions on mysql-proxy (even SQL load balancing in general), I would be
> > most grateful.
> >
> > Kind Regards
> > Brent Clark
> >
> > --

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
mysql proxy in production?Brent Clark11 Mar
  • Re: mysql proxy in production?Krishna Chandra Prajapati11 Mar
    • Re: mysql proxy in production?Johan De Meersman11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?John Daisley11 Mar
        • Re: mysql proxy in production?Walter Heck - OlinData.com12 Mar
          • Re: mysql proxy in production?Krishna Chandra Prajapati12 Mar
    • Re: mysql proxy in production?Brent Clark11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?Mark Matthews11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?Johan De Meersman12 Mar