List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Clark Date:March 11 2010 2:26pm
Subject:mysql proxy in production?
View as plain text
Hiya

I work for a pretty large hosting company, and we have some clients that you could call
"in demand clients" (Well .... here where I live anyway :) ).

We already making use of heartbeat for high availability etc. But the one area that we
have not tackled is load balancing.

I just read the following, which makes use of mysql proxy.

http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2009/04/mysql-load-balancing-and-read-write.html

I would like to ask, does anyone make use of mysqlproxy in production, and if so, are you
using it under "heavy load".
How do you find how it performance under load.

If anyone can share their failures, successors or even just thoughts and opinions on
mysql-proxy (even SQL load balancing in general), I would be most grateful.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark
Thread
mysql proxy in production?Brent Clark11 Mar
  • Re: mysql proxy in production?Krishna Chandra Prajapati11 Mar
    • Re: mysql proxy in production?Johan De Meersman11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?John Daisley11 Mar
        • Re: mysql proxy in production?Walter Heck - OlinData.com12 Mar
          • Re: mysql proxy in production?Krishna Chandra Prajapati12 Mar
    • Re: mysql proxy in production?Brent Clark11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?Mark Matthews11 Mar
      • Re: mysql proxy in production?Johan De Meersman12 Mar