List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Don Read Date:March 10 2010 10:02pm
Subject:Re: Merging deltas from one table to another?
View as plain text
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:14:09 -0800 John Oliver said:

> OK, a Drupal site I deal with has two copies... a production site and a
> test site.  After new changes are developed, they're put on the test
> site.  Once the test site is deemed to be OK, that entire site and
> database will be copied over to the production site.
>
> The issue is, while that work is taking place, changes are still
> happening on the production site, like new user registrations and some
> form input.  What I'm thinking is, we can dump the affected tables and
> then import them into the test site, which started life as a mirror copy
> of the production site.  If I were to:
>
> mysqldump -h db_server -h user -pPASSWORD database table_1 table_2 >
> /tmp/db.sql

Get the table layout on the production box:
 mysqldump --add-drop-table ...

> On the production side, and then:
>
> mysql -h test_db_server -h user -pPASSWORD database < /tmp/db.sql

Don Read                                        don_read@stripped
     It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to
     steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
Thread
Merging deltas from one table to another?John Oliver8 Mar
  • Re: Merging deltas from one table to another?Don Read10 Mar
    • Re: Merging deltas from one table to another?Ananda Kumar11 Mar
      • RE: Merging deltas from one table to another?Daevid Vincent11 Mar