List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 9 2010 5:15pm
Subject:Re: Front End Application For MySQL
View as plain text
Wrong place to ask, unless you want to reinvent the wheel. There's plenty of
applications out there for managing server pools, although thb I can't think
of a good OSS one off-hand. On the job, we use HP Openview. Do yourself a
favour and stay away from that one :-)

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Carlos Mennens <carloswill@stripped> wrote:

> I am looking for a front end application that will allow me to enter
> in all my server / workstation data into a MySQL backend running on
> Linux. I have been told that I need to take all 75 servers we have in
> our server room and keep a database of the following:
>
> - Make
> - Model
> - O.S.
> - I.P.
> - Hostname
> - Serial #
> - Company Asset #
> - Warranty Expiration Date
> - Room Location
>
> Does anyone know of a program or easiest way I can enter all this data
> into a MySQL database and manage it as things change and move around?
> Right now I am using a spreedsheet from OpenOffice and it's not
> efficient if you know what I mean. Anyone have any tips / suggestions?

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Front End Application For MySQLCarlos Mennens9 Mar
  • Re: Front End Application For MySQLPeter Brawley9 Mar
  • Re: Front End Application For MySQLJohan De Meersman9 Mar
    • RE: Front End Application For MySQLGavin Towey9 Mar