List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Leslie Date:March 8 2010 2:50pm
Subject:Re: mysqldump "hex-blob" option
View as plain text

On 3/4/10 7:21 PM, "peng yao" <xweiyao@stripped> wrote:

> hello erveryone, I have a question about mysqldump.I have some blob data,
> someone tell me mysqldump the data must use "hex-blob" options, why?

mysqldump just creates a file containing insert statements that when
executed rebuild your tables. As a result, this file cannot contain binary
data and so BLOBs must be converted to hex. If you know your BLOBs are just
text then you can get away with out the "hex-blob" option.

Barry Leslie

Thread
mysqldump "hex-blob" optionpeng yao5 Mar
  • Re: mysqldump "hex-blob" optionBarry Leslie8 Mar