List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Clark Date:March 6 2010 4:30pm
Subject:Allowing triggers & stored procedures on MySQL
View as plain text
Hi everyone,

Currently we have a policy that prohibit our customers from creating
stored procedures and triggers on their DB's which I imagine must be
driving them up the walls. It's like having a car with a boot but you
are not able to use it.  :)

Are there any reasons why we would'nt want customers to make use of
these built in features and what other means are available.

My reading showed that you need the "create routine" privilege and you
*may* require the super privilege if you have binary logging enabled
(and then that only becomes a potential issue if you are actually
replaying those logs (ie. either for replication or for  media recovery).

I think I was reading the MySQL 5.1 manual - so maybe this is different
with 5.0?

Kind Regards
Brent Clark
Thread
Allowing triggers & stored procedures on MySQLBrent Clark6 Mar
  • Re: Allowing triggers & stored procedures on MySQLJesper Wisborg Krogh6 Mar