List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:March 5 2010 6:27pm
Subject:Re: Displaying date/time
View as plain text
Hi

That is kind of what I'm looking for.  However I'd like to be able to
display the difference between date 1 and date 2 like

1d 2h 29min ago

Thanks
Neil

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM, prabhat kumar <aim.prabhat@stripped> wrote:

> Might be this will help you:
> there is a table called message with 3 colums - id, pubdate and message;
> You can get all messages from the last 5 minutes with the following
> example;
>
> SELECT TIMESTAMPDIFF(MINUTE, pubdate, now()), id, message from message
> where (TIMESTAMPDIFF(MINUTE, pubdate, now()) < 5);
>
> Thanks,
>

> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Tompkins Neil <
> neil.tompkins@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a number of rows which have Date and Time data in.  I want to
>> display
>> in the following formats based on the systems current time
>>
>> e.g under 1 hour 24min ago
>> e.g under 1 day 16h 29min ago
>> e.g over 1 day 1d 2h 29min ago
>> e.g over 1 week 1w 4d 2h 29min ago
>>
>> How would this best be achieve using MySQL.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Neil
>>

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Prabhat Kumar
> MySQL DBA
> Datavail-India Mumbai
> Mobile     : 91-9987681929
> www.datavail.com
>
> My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
> My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Thread
Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil5 Mar
  • Re: Displaying date/timeprabhat kumar5 Mar
    • Re: Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil5 Mar
      • RE: Displaying date/timeGavin Towey5 Mar
        • RE: Displaying date/timeRandall Price8 Mar
          • Re: Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil8 Mar
            • Re: Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil9 Mar
          • MySQL - licensing data recovery environmentsDimitre Radoulov6 Apr