List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:prabhat kumar Date:March 5 2010 3:32pm
Subject:Re: Displaying date/time
View as plain text
Might be this will help you:
there is a table called message with 3 colums - id, pubdate and message;
You can get all messages from the last 5 minutes with the following example;

SELECT TIMESTAMPDIFF(MINUTE, pubdate, now()), id, message from message where
(TIMESTAMPDIFF(MINUTE, pubdate, now()) < 5);

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Tompkins Neil

> Hi
> I have a number of rows which have Date and Time data in.  I want to
> display
> in the following formats based on the systems current time
> e.g under 1 hour 24min ago
> e.g under 1 day 16h 29min ago
> e.g over 1 day 1d 2h 29min ago
> e.g over 1 week 1w 4d 2h 29min ago
> How would this best be achieve using MySQL.
> Thanks,
> Neil

Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar
Datavail-India Mumbai
Mobile     : 91-9987681929

My Blog:
My LinkedIn:

Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil5 Mar
  • Re: Displaying date/timeprabhat kumar5 Mar
    • Re: Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil5 Mar
      • RE: Displaying date/timeGavin Towey5 Mar
        • RE: Displaying date/timeRandall Price8 Mar
          • Re: Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil8 Mar
            • Re: Displaying date/timeTompkins Neil9 Mar
          • MySQL - licensing data recovery environmentsDimitre Radoulov6 Apr